Looking for a fun Spring Break activity for you and your family? Get your smartphone or camera ready, we’re going on a scavenger hunt! To help inspire your creativity and encourage you to experiment with photography, our London Drugs Photolab invites you to participate in the ultimate Photo Scavenger Hunt this Spring Break. Each of the photo categories below will challenge you to examine your surroundings from a different perspective, experiment with different photography styles, and hone your photo-taking skills. Plus, you can share your scavenger hunt photos with us on Instagram for a chance to win a $100 printing credit for our London Drugs Photolab!
Here’s how to participate in our Spring Break Photo Scavenger Hunt contest:
- Follow @LDPhotolab on Instagram
- Share your scavenger hunt photos on Instagram with the hashtag #LDPhotoScavengerHunt to be entered for a chance to win a $100 LDPhotolab printing credit!
You can post one entry per scavenger hunt category, for a total of up to 20 entries. The more categories you enter, the more chances you’ll have to win the $100 prize! Make sure to indicate in your caption which category your photo is fulfilling. The contest runs March 15 – April 5, 2021. Official contest rules can be found below.
Plus, your photo could be selected for a feature on our Instagram Stories!
Tips to Get You Started
This photo scavenger hunt is meant to get you thinking creatively about your surroundings! Once you’ve looked through the list of categories above, here are a few photo tips to get your started:
- Think outside the box – You don’t have to take the categories literally! For example, ‘something green’ could be the colour green, or something environmentally-friendly.
- Try a new perspective – Before you take the shot, consider if a low or high perspective would add to the photo’s interest, rather than simply shooting it straight-on. Sometimes, a change in perspective can convey an entirely different message.
- Try shooting on film – One of the things people enjoy most about film photography is that it makes you think more intentionally when composing and capturing your shots. Plus, there’s the wonderful feeling of excitement that comes with seeing your newly developed photos for the first time! If you don’t already have a film camera, we offer a selection of single-use cameras and instant cameras. And if you already have a film camera, we have you covered, with a selection of film products as well. Of course, we can also develop your film for you when you’re done the roll!
- Get creative at home – You don’t have to leave the house to participate. Just get creative with the categories. For example, ‘an uplifting sign’ could be a sign you see through your window, and blossoms could be from a house plant.
- Challenge friends/family – Why not create some friendly competition? Challenge your friends or family to see how many categories they can capture within a set amount of time. Or delegate one person as a judge, and have awards for the top photos based on photographic skill, artistic sensibilities, emotion, impact and originality. This could be something you do together with your bubble, or connect virtually with those outside your bubble afterwards to share your photos.
Proudly Displaying Your Scavenger Hunt Photos
Once you’ve completed our scavenger hunt, it’s time to admire your photos! You might just find you’ve taken some real gems. Before those photos disappear into the abyss of your smartphone or memory card, why not do something more with them?
If you’re particularly proud of one of the photos you took, consider printing it as an enlargement you can display. We can print all the way up to 44×96 and offer mounting up to 24×36. Aluminum metal panels, canvas gallery wraps or our fine art prints (like Kauai and Baryta) are also great options if you want to really elevate your images. If you can’t decide on just one image that you love, create a collage with all of your favourites!
If you participated in the scavenger hunt as a family, you can create your own personalized Spring Break photo book, with pages featuring each person’s images. Your photo book could also include images beyond just the scavenger hunt, from bike rides to baking at home – however you’re spending time together! Considering this Spring Break will look vastly different than usual, it’s worth documenting all the ways you and your family made the most of your time at home this year. It will make a valuable keepsake you can look back on years from now.
We look forward to seeing all of your Spring Break Photo Scavenger Hunt snapshots over on Instagram with the #LDPhotoScavengerHunt hashtag!
Spring Break Photo Scavenger Hunt Contest – Official Rules
Looking for a fun Spring Break activity that will inspire your creativity? Participate in our Spring Break Photo Scavenger Hunt!
Follow @LDPhotolab on Instagram and share your scavenger hunt photos with the hashtag #LDPhotoScavengerHunt to be entered for a chance to win a $100 LDPhotolab printing credit! You can post one entry per scavenger hunt category, for a total of up to 20 entries. The more categories you enter, the more chances you’ll have to win the $100 prize!
Spring Break Photo Scavenger Hunt Categories
- Letter L
- Something tall
- Rain boots
- Reflection in a puddle
- Something green
- Outdoor mural
- Unique building
- Prized possession
- Something with paws
- Canadian flag
- Someone smiling
- Beautiful landscape
- Uplifting sign
- Something close up
Contest Dates: March 15 – April 5, 2021
- No purchase necessary. Limit one (1) entry for each category listed in the Spring Break Photo Scavenger Hunt (the “Contest”) – up to a maximum of twenty (20) entries per social network per contest. Contest will commence on Monday, March 15 2021 and all entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm Pacific Time on April 5, 2021, 11:59pm PST. London Drugs is not responsible for entries that become lost or misdirected. All entries become the property of London Drugs Limited and will not be returned.
- Contest is open to all residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba who, as of the date the prize draw is made: (i) have not won a London Drugs contest since April 5, 2020; (ii) have reached the age of majority in the province in which they reside as at March 15, 2021 (iii) are not employees of London Drugs, or any family member living with any such employee.
- Entries must be posted as a feed post on a public Instagram account to be eligible.
- In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account associated with the entry. “Authorized account holder” of an Instagram account is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an Instagram account by the applicable social media platform
- The entrant must clearly indicate in the caption of the Instagram post which category the photo is fulfilling. If the entry is not clear which category the photo is fulfilling, both in the caption and in the photo, it will not be eligible. London Drugs reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should entrant’s registration be incomplete, not meet all requirements of these official Rules, or contains inappropriate or offensive content. Your entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the London Drugs) is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest period.
- A carousel post that features multiple photos will only be considered as one entry (the first photo in the carousel).
- In the event that more than one entry is posted per scavenger hunt category, only the first entry collected (starting from the bottom of the contest hashtag on the Recent hashtag search tab) will be eligible.
- Entries must be posted to Instagram between the dates of March 15, 2021 and April 5, 2021. Entries posted before this date will not be eligible (this includes entries that were posted before March 15, 2021 and were edited to add the Contest hashtag between March 15 and April 5, 2021).
- The selected entrant will be randomly chosen by London Drugs on April 8, 2021 in Vancouver, British Columbia, from all eligible entries received. To win, selected entrants must have correctly answered the skill-testing mathematical question on the online entry form and must sign London Drug’s declaration and release confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the prize(s) as awarded, releasing London Drugs from liability in association with the contest and prize and consenting to the use of their name, photograph, voice and statements for promotional and publicity purposes.
- There will be 1 (one) prize awarded to 1 (one) winner: prize is one (1) promo code for the London Drugs Photolab valued at $100. The promo code will have an expiry date of December 31, 2021. Prize must be accepted as awarded, is non-transferable and no substitutions are permitted. London Drugs reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should any prize become unavailable for any reason. Prize will be awarded via email or the social network it was drawn from.
- Only one prize may be won by any one person and household. In the event that any selected entrant incorrectly answers the skill-testing question or is otherwise unwilling or unable to comply in full with these rules, a new entry will be drawn.
Contests dates: March 15 – April 5, 2021
Draw Date: 12:00 PM Pacific Time: April 8, 2021
- Selected entrants will be contacted by email, or social network they were drawn from. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. If the selected entrant does not respond then she/he will be notified for the second time, 3 (three) days after the first notification. If the selected entrant still does not respond within 3 days of the second notification, a new winner will be chosen in the same manner until a winner is successfully contacted.
- The chances of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Decisions of the judges in respect of all aspects of this contest including, but not limited to, eligibility of entries and correctness of answers given to the skill-testing question, are final.
- London Drugs, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, the independent judging organization, and their respective agents are not liable to an entrant in any manner relating to the contest or the awarding and use of the prize(s). Contest winners must hold the copyright and necessary consents and licenses to any image they provide for entry into the contest.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media platform which may be used to communicate this contest. All such entities are completely released of all liability by each entrant in this contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the contest should be directed only to London Drugs.
- London Drugs is not responsible for any failure of any website during this Contest, nor is it responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software or any e-mail, online or internet entry lost due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion.
- The right is reserved by London Drugs to terminate this contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the contest, and/or these rules in any way, should any cause beyond the reasonable control of London Drugs or its agents affect the proper administration thereof.
Statement of Declaration and Release
All selected entrants will be required to sign the Statement of Declaration and Release attached before they can be declared a winner and receive a contest prize.