You could win 1 of 2 BEAUTIFUL Real Techniques makeup brush sets! ✨
In the winter, Alexandra (To Vogue or Bust) is typically looking for ways to nourish—as far as beauty and style, that means taking care of the basics along with upping her hair treatment routine. Conditioning is crucial around this time of year, so Alexandra has shared her fave John Frieda deep conditioning products.
John Frieda‘s Frizz Ease® line has been a hair care staple for Alexandra for years. It’s effective and really helps bring hair back up to speed when it gets distressed from her winter mountaintop adventures in the snow. When her hair gets seriously dry and damaged, she uses the Frizz Ease® Miraculous Recovery® Shampoo and Conditioner on a daily basis and adds the Miraculous Recovery Deep Conditioner once a week, which uses Targeted Anti-Damage Technology to bring hair back to a healthy looking state after just one use!
Find out Alexandra’s full in-shower routine and some seriously minimal styling tips HERE.
We’re well into December, which means holiday shopping season is in full swing. Still have some shopping to do? We can help!
Throughout the holiday season, we’re sharing gift guides aimed at different groups of people, with a wide range of gift ideas and price points on each. So far we’ve covered what to get for the Home Cook, Kids (and Parents), Techie, and DIYer on your list.
This week, we have a gift guide for music lovers. Whether they’re a music fanatic or a musician themselves, we have some ideas for what to put under their Christmas tree.
Here’s our guide to pitch-perfect gifts for music aficionados.
We all know how stressful the holidays can be. Anything that makes life simpler at this time of year is a must. Your FoodSaver is here for you with some simple tips and tricks to uncomplicate the holidays.
Share your tips & tricks on the FoodSaver Facebook Contest post to be entered for a chance to WIN! Please see full contest details below.
1. Making Holiday Prep Simple –The Holidays are a busy time so instead of rushing, buy and make your meal and treats in the weeks leading up to the Holidays and preserve in FoodSaver Bags and Rolls. You can do your baking weeks in advance to wow guests the night of your big dinner or give to family and friends.
2. Holiday Gift Giving – Looking for a simple, sweet and easy gift to distribute among the many people on your Christmas list this year? Consider creating and handing out gifts in a jar, which make for fun and festive treats that can be tailored to everyone on your list. Check out some great FoodSaver ideas
3. Flying Away for the Holidays – Keep your travel documents organized and safe with the a FoodSaver. Use zipper bags to vacuum seal your valuables like passport and boarding pass so you can keep them together and protect them. Going to the beach? Use a Vacuum Zipper Bag for your phone to keep the water and sand out. When packing, organize your jewelry so it doesn’t get tangled in your luggage. You can also store your toiletries in a Vacuum Seal bag in case they leak in your luggage.
4. Preserving Holiday Decorations – Keep your favorite ornaments, dressings and trinkets safe from dust and grime in an airtight environment using your vacuum sealer, and they’ll be ready for next year! Learn more
5. It’s the Perfect Gift – with multiple uses from sealing valuables like jewelry, to storing Christmas decorations, to helping you can and preserve food—all while saving money–there are multiple ways that the FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System makes the perfect gift.
6. Leftovers – Not only do you have to seal your left overs for yourself but you can also send your family and friends home with goodie bags. Seal left over cookies for your guests in a FoodSaver Bag or Roll and write each person’s name on the label section, that way every person knows which one is theirs and the leftovers stays fresh up to 5X longer – no stale cookies!
7. Preserving Seasonal Foods – Some foods you can only find during the Holiday Season. If you love it but can’t find it year ‘round, why not stock up and preserve your favourite holiday foods so whenever the craving arises you have your favourite peppermint treat on hand.
8. Storing Holiday Linens – You may only use them once a year so store your linens with a FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System so keep them clean and dust free the other 11 months of the year.
Check out our selection of FoodSaver products at LondonDrugs.com
Like our post on Facebook/LondonDrugs and share your favourite FoodSaver Tip for a chance to WIN!
December 6th – 20th 2017
Terms and Conditions
No purchase necessary.
Entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm Pacific Time on December 20th 2017.
Contest date – Dec 6th – 20th 2017
Draw date – within 3 days of contest end, December 20th 2017
Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
In 1843, Grace Marks was convicted for her involvement in the vicious murders of her employer, Thomas Kinnear, and Nancy Montgomery, his housekeeper and mistress. Some believe Grace is innocent; others think her evil or insane. Now serving a life sentence, Grace claims to have no memory of the murders. Was Grace a femme fatale – or a weak and unwilling victim of circumstances?
After watching the miniseries I was left wanting to know more about Grace marks and Dr. Simon Jordan. The book did not disappoint, although Margaret Atwood admits this is fiction based on fact, I found being able to read some of the letters and news articles written about Grace made it feel more real. – Review by Amy Lynne
Book of the Month
Every month we will be featuring a new book to be showcased in our Book of the Month. Staff members and friends will be reading the book and posting their reviews. We’d love to hear what you thought of these books as well. Post your comments and let us know. Alias Grace is available at London Drugs along with many other great titles and is on sale for the month of December.
Which is why we’re giving one of you beauties AND one of your friends one of this season’s most sought-after nail collections—Essie x Rebecca Minkoff Leathers!
Alesse 21 and 28 Birth Control Pill
Alesse 21 (DIN 02236974) Lot A2532, expires August 2018
Alesse 28 (DIN 02236975) Lot A3183, expires April 2019
Dec 2, 2017
Health Canada is advising consumers that it has received complaints for Alesse 21 and 28. Packages may contain smaller-than-normal pills or other abnormalities, which may reduce effectiveness in preventing pregnancy. It is not known at this time whether the issue is isolated to the above stated lots.
Please see a pharmacist for product returns or for more information.