Let’s face it-summer is long gone, and with October, that means sweater weather, pumpkin-spiced everything and deeper coloured makeup. But it’s also an opportunity to use that makeup to become something spooky (or boo-tiful) for when Halloween rolls around! There are so many everyday makeup items in our beauty department that you can incorporate into your Halloween look you might not have even thought about. Dark red lipstick could double as vampire blood. Black eyeshadow could double as black contour for a cat or skeleton look. Eye glitter or shimmer could be placed on your face, collarbone and shoulders to make you glow like an iridescent alien. Liquid eyeliner could be used to draw on an intricate pattern for your Day-of-the-Dead makeup. If you take some time and explore our beauty department, you might even stumble upon something really cool to use for your costume (hint hint: A lip gloss by day, but glow in the dark paint under a black light or even some crazy-coloured contact lenses!) There really are no limits to your creativity here, and with that, we’re kicking off our Halloween Beauty Contest! We want you to create your best Halloween look using London Drugs beauty products for a chance to win one of two amazing Halloween beauty prize packs valued at approximately $285 each! See full contest T&Cs below. Good luck and have fun creating your Halloween beauty looks!
Halloween Beauty Contest – Official Rules
1) To enter:
1.) Post a photo of your best Halloween makeup look on instagram and tell us what London Drugs beauty products you used to create the look.
2.) tag @LDBeauty and include the hashtag #LDBeautyGhouls
[October 17- 21, 2019]
2) No purchase necessary. Limit one (1) entry per social network per contest. Limit one (1) prize may be won per household. Entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm Pacific Time on [October 21, 2019]. London Drugs is not responsible for entries that become lost or misdirected.
3) Contest is open to all residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba who, as of the date the prize draw is made: (i) have not won a London Drugs contest since [October 21, 2018]; (ii) have reached the age of majority in the province in which they reside as at [October 17, 2019] (iii) are not employees of London Drugs, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, the independent judging organization (if any), or any family member living with any such employee.
4) The winners will be randomly chosen on the day the contest ends (see dates below) in Vancouver, British Columbia, from all eligible entries received per contest. To win, selected entrants must have correctly answered the skill-testing mathematical question on the entry for on the online entry form and must sign London Drug’s declaration and release confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the prize(s) as awarded, releasing London Drugs from liability in association with the contest and prize and consenting to the use of their name, photograph, voice and statements for promotional and publicity purposes.
5) There will be 2 (two) prize(s) awarded to 2 (two) winners: each receiving [An LDBeauty Halloween Prize Pack] valued at [Approx. $285 each]. Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and no substitutions are permitted. London Drugs reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should any prize become unavailable for any reason. Prize will be awarded at the closest London Drugs location to the winner.
Contests dates: October 17 – 21, 2019
Draw Date: 12:00 PM Pacific Time [1 DAY AFTER END DATE]
6) Selected entrants will be contacted by email, or social network they were drawn from. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. If the winner does not respond then she/he will be notified for the second time, 3 (three) days after the first notification. If the winner still does not respond within 3 days of the second notification, a new winner will be chosen in the same manner until a winner is successfully contacted.
7) The chances of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Decisions of the judges in respect of all aspects of this contest including, but not limited to, eligibility of entries and correctness of answers given to the skill-testing question, are final.
8) London Drugs, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, the independent judging organization, and their respective agents are not liable to an entrant in any manner relating to the contest or the awarding and use of the prize(s).
10) The right is reserved by London Drugs to terminate this contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the contest, and/or these rules in any way, should any cause beyond the reasonable control of London Drugs or its agents affect the proper administration thereof.
STATEMENT OF DECLARATION AND RELEASE
All selected entrants will be required to sign the Statement of Declaration and Release attached before they can be declared a winner and receive a contest prize.