Precautions and guidelines grocery and drugstore shoppers should follow during the COVID-19 pandemic to keep customers, retail employees and communities across Canada safe.
BEFORE WE SHOP
- If you’re sick, or have been asked to quarantine at home, don’t go to your local grocery or drugstore. Use contactless delivery and have someone drop them off at your door, knock, then retreat to a safe distance!
- While we all feel isolated and look for ways to fill our days, to keep our loved ones busy, we need to remember that we must avoid planning our grocery or drugstore trips with others in tow. Just designate one person to shop! Shop alone.
WHILE WE SHOP (alone)
- Practice Physical Distancing – 2M or 6ft. (That’s the length of an average hockey stick 😊)
- Be considerate. Only buy what you need! Only touch what you take.
- Wash your hands before and after you shop and use sanitizer whenever you can.
- When paying for your goods, use contactless debit or credit / tap wherever possible.
- If you use re-usable bags – wash them before and after your shopping trip – and if possible, bag items yourself – or don’t use them at all right now.
- Be kind – we are all in this together.
ALWAYS – WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY WORKING TOGETHER
- Be considerate. Listen to the authorities … they have our best interest in mind and by following these tips, we’ll get through this crisis.
- We all have a role to play in keeping these retail environments safe for employees and customers.
- Shop Smart!