During an emergency if a London Drugs store is able to remain open we will offer:
- Pharmacy – Contact us at Customer Service for the latest information on your local store and for any urgent pharmacy inquiries 1-888-991-2299
- Charging Stations – we will have charging stations available for your electronic devices
- Supplies and emergency kits – our staff will be happy to help you find an emergency kit or help you to create your own that fits your needs
- Batteries and Lighting, Candles – we’re here to help with emergency lighting needs from flashlights, batteries to candles
- Water – It is always important to have an emergency supply of water at the ready
- Less Urgent Inquiries – We’ll field any question at firstname.lastname@example.org
* * *
Be prepared. It’s the motto of the Boy Scouts and an injunction well heeded before times of crisis, while the power is on and the shops are open. One needn’t be a survivalist to see that a disaster—natural, like earthquake, wildfire, flood, heat wave or windstorm; or manmade, like infrastructure collapse, power outage, explosion, or civilian evacuation—is a poor time to make preparations.
It’s essential to have a good stock of provisions for a natural disaster or other emergency. Below is a checklist of suggestions—with product numbers—you can pick up today at your local London Drugs. Take care also to visit our Emergency Preparedness Page. And here is a
What is the best kind of emergency kit?
In some disasters, your best (or only) escape will be by foot, and you’ll want to be able to take your emergency kit with you. For that reason, you’ll want to have one or more rugged portable bags.
How much water do I need in an emergency?
The Government of Canada rates your daily water needs at 2 litres per person. Some good examples:
- 0846253 NESTLE PURE LIFE WATER 24X500ML
- 2602605 LD PREMIUM SPRINGWATER 1.5L
What kind of food should I have in an emergency?
You’ll need food that does not easily spoil, like canned goods, high-protein energy bars, and dried fruits. Don’t forget: You need a manual can opener in your emergency preparedness kit. A few good emergency food options you can find in our stores:
What essential goods will my family need in a natural disaster?
Think about packing an extra set of clothing for each family member, as well as warm blankets. If you have young children, you’ll need formula, baby food, diapers and any needed medications. Some more items that will help you survive the first 72 hours of a disaster:
- LD TEA LIGHTS 100’S
- DORCY W/PROOF FLOAT LIGHT 3AA
- LD ALKALINE BATTERY AA/12PK
- BIC LIGHTERS
- OFF FAMILYCARE EUCALYPTUS 118ML
- AFTER BITE GEL 20G
- LIFEGEAR GLOWSTICK FLASHLIGHT
- ENERGIZER LANTERN BATTERY 6V
- PUREX BATHROOM TISSUE 12’S/DOUBL
- COTTONELLE C/CARE B/TISSUE 12’S/DOUBL
- 3M DUCT TAPE SCOTCH
- GLAD EASY-TIE KITCHEN CATCHER
- PURELL ALOE HAND SANITIZER 591ML
- CARDINAL KEYWOUND MINI ALARM SILVER
- RUBBERMAID TOTE 53L
- RUBBERMAID ACCESS TOTE LARGE 68L
What first aid supplies do I need for my emergency kit?
In the event of a natural or manmade disaster you want to be prepared for injury or sickness. If you have children you will want kid-sized antihistamines and analgesics (pain relievers). Here are some items that help in a broad number of emergency scenarios:
- 2ND SKIN BURN PADS MEDIUM/4’S
- NEXCARE WATER/RES. TAPE 25.4MM X 1
- LD PERSONAL FIRST AID KIT 45PCE
- PSP ISOPROPRYL ALCOHOL 70% 500ML
- PSP HYDROGEN PERSOXIDE 500ML
- POLYSPORIN TRIPLE OINTMENT 30G
- J&J BAND-AID ANTIBIOTIC ASSR 20’S
- J&J GAUZE PADS 7.6X7.6CM
- J&J ROLLED GAUZE 7.5CMX4.5M-
- TYLENOL CAPLETS EX-STRENGTH 100’S
- INSTANT COLD PACK 6INX9IN
- J&J BAND-AID FABRIC BANDAGES 80’S ASST
- ADVIL LIQUI-GELS 72’S
- REACTINE ALLERGY EX-STR 10MG 10’S
What kind of emergency kit should I keep in my car or truck?
Disaster can strike as easily on the road as at home, so it’s a good idea to keep certain items in your vehicle. It never hurts to have a couple of bottles of water, cans of foods, and blankets in your trunk. A few more items that can help during a crisis:
- LONDON DRUGS FIRST AID KIT
- ARM&HAMMER DBLE DUTY LITTER 6.4KG
- ENERGIZER SOLAR LED LANTERN
- AUTO EMERGENCY KIT
What supplies do I need for my pet in an emergency?
In a natural disaster, the real difficulty is usually borne in the long term more than the short. You’ll take relief at having given thought to your pet is such circumstances. Top of the list? Pet food.
Should I account for family entertainment in my emergency preparedness kit?
Absolutely—Trivial Pursuit may not turn out to be one. Too often, the character of a disaster mimics a film set: hurry up and wait. During the times when you’re grateful to be safe, but waiting to return home, you’ll be happy to have diversions on hand. A few ideas: