If you’re like us, as soon as the first cold snap hits you’re reaching for your ice skates and hockey sticks. Whether it’s our kid’s major or junior hockey league, the WHL, CHL, or NHL, or simply the group we meet up with every Saturday afternoon to knock a puck around, we love Canadian hockey with a fire. And not just because we need to keep warm in sub-zero temperatures!
So, how do you know you’re a true Canadian hockey fan? We’ve compiled a list of 10 telltale signs to watch out for, err strive for, this season!
1. When you were growing up, lacing a hockey skate gave you a bigger thrill than lacing your shoes.
2. You take more pride in the smell of your hockey gear than you do in its appearance; the more you use it, the better!
3. Your driveway is a hockey rink. In June.
4. You know the best seats in the arena are in the upper bowl.
5. You think wearing a toque is an acceptable method to hide that hockey hair.
6. There are some friends you don’t see 10 months out of the year. Because they aren’t fans.
7. You understand “penalty moods,” and “shoot out anxiety,” yet you still say please and thank you.
8. A fresh cup of java is your go-to road fuel.
9. July and August are your least favourite months of the year.
10. These are your favourite colours.
LDExtras members! Stop by any London Drugs between October 1 – December 7, 2018, and purchase ANY pack of Duracell batteries, and you’ll automatically be entered to win a VIP experience at the World Junior Hockey Championship in Vancouver this Winter!