London Drugs & Rogers Radio Partner to Provide Toys for Teens this Christmas
The reality is that many families can’t afford Christmas gifting and it’s teenagers that are often the forgotten ones this time of year. Many prefer to shop for younger children, enjoying the chance to browse the toy aisles. Since it is a little more challenging to shop for a teen, every year the Salvation Army is short on gifts for those aged 10 – 17.
Jack FM Radio Calgary and 660 News Calgary ask you to consider a teen to your Christmas shopping list this year in support of the annual “Toys for Teens” holiday campaign. The campaign is part of the Salvation Army’s Family Christmas Assistance Program which – thanks to the generous donations of Calgarians – provided gifts for 5,448 children last year, of which 1,496 were teens. Rogers Radiohopes to help increase the number this year.
Receiving a gift means a great deal to teens, but also to parents who otherwise wouldn’t have anything to give their children at Christmas. Here are some great buys for under $40 available at London Drugs:
- Mini Portable USB Turntable by Vibe Sound ($29.99)
- Lava Lamp by Lava Lite ($9.99)
- Conair Mini Hair Styler ($15.99)
- Skullcandy Supreme Sound Uprock Headphones ($29.99)
- 34 Piece Makeup Set by Madame Milly ($39.99)
- Remote Control Helicopter by Cobra RC Toys ($39.99)
- Boogie Board LCD Writing Tablet by Improve Electronics ($39.99)
- NYX 18-Piece Nail Polish Set ($25.00)
- Babycakes Mini Cup Cake Maker ($34.99)
- iTunes Gift Card ($15 and up)
Other toy suggestions include:
- Electronics: electronic games, video games, mp3 players
- Sports Equipment: soccer balls, basket balls, footballs, hockey stuff, skateboards, scooters, rollerblades, ice skates, snowboards etc.
- Personal Care Items & Accessories: nail polish, hair accessories, funky socks and shoe laces, personal care packages, curling irons, blow dryers, shavers, jewellery, diaries, journals, creative stuff & crafts, knapsacks/backpacks, purses and wallets, watches, sunglasses, ball caps
- Gift Certificates: online stores, restaurants, malls, clothing stores, electronics retailers etc.
Bring a new, unwrapped gift to any Calgary & Airdrie London Drugs location before December 23rd. One hundred percent of all donations go to The Salvation Army Family Christmas Assistance Program to provide Calgary and area teens with Christmas gifts.