May is Photo Month, and we are excited to be hosting a series of contests, events and promotions to celebrate!
As part of our photo month celebrations, we are excited to be hosting weekly streaming events on Facebook LIVE. Each event will cover a different theme relating to various types of photography, and be lead by industry leaders, professionals, and social media influencers who will be answering questions live in the chat. These live events happen Thursday evenings at 6pm PDT throughout the month of May.
Click the event to learn more and RSVP today on Facebook.
Photo Month Contest
In addition to streaming events and special offers, our photo month contest is a great way to practice your skills. Built around our streaming event themes, showcase your skills for a chance to win great prizes.
To enter, simply follow @LDPhotolab and @LondonDrugs and post your photo or vlog entry to your Instagram profile and tag it using the hashtags below.
One lucky winner per theme will win a $100 London Drugs gift card and an 8×10 metal print from our Photolab! Plus, select entries will be featured on London Drugs Instagram stories.
Limit one photo entry per theme each week. For full contest rules please refer to the terms and conditions.
Theme 1 – Local Landscapes
Saturday, May 1, 2021 to Sunday, May 30, 2021
Get outside in your neighbourhood and explore what landscapes exist in your own backyard. From skylines to nature-scapes, there is beautiful scenery waiting to be captured. Use hashtag #LDlocallandscape to submit your best local landscape photo.
Theme 2 – Pet Photography
Friday, May 7, 2021 to Thursday, May 30, 2021.
Everyone loves their furry companions, and photographing them can be very rewarding. For this theme, capture your furry friend and use hashtag #LDpetphotography.
Theme 3 – Vlogging & Content
Friday, May 14, 2020 to Thursday, May 30, 2021
Vlogging can be a great way to tell your story, share an experience, or spread knowledge. Upload a 30+ second vlog entry to your Instagram feed, IGTV or Instagram Reels, with the hashtag #LDfunwithvlogging to enter.
Theme 4 – Street Photography
Friday, May 21, 2020 to Thursday, May 30, 2021
Street photography captures everyday life within the urban environment. Use hashtag #LDstreetphotography on your street photography entry to submit your photo.
Contest Terms and Conditions
London Drugs Photo Month Photo Contest – Official Contest Rules
This Contest is hosted by London Drugs Limited (“London Drugs”). Contest runs from May 1 – 30, 2021.
1) HOW TO ENTER
To enter on Instagram:
- Follow @LDPhotolab and @LondonDrugs
- Share an Instagram post on your feed of the weekly theme using that week’s hashtag. Entries are taken for the week’s theme only and are due by 11:59 pm (Pacific Time) May 30, 2021.
o Saturday, May 1, 2021 to Sunday, May 30, 2021: Local Landscapes (use hashtag #LDlocallandscape to submit your best local landscape photo.)
o Friday, May 7, 2021 to Thursday, May 30, 2021: Pet Photography (use hashtag #LDpetphotography to and submit your best pet photo.)
o Friday, May 14, 2020 to Thursday, May 30, 2021: Fun with Vlogging (use hashtag #LDfunwithvlogging to share a minimum 15 second vlog entry.)
o Friday, May 21, 2020 to Thursday, May 30, 2021: Street Photography (use hashtag #LDstreetphotography to submit your street photography.)
Please ensure your profile privacy settings allow your entry to be visible.
2) ELIGIBILITY. No purchase necessary. Limit one (1) photo per Instagram handle per week (“Entry”) up to a maximum of four (4) Entries. Limit of one (1) prize may be won per entrant and per household. Contest will commence on May 1 and all Entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm Pacific Time May 30, 2021. Entries will be reviewed by a representative of London Drugs to ensure compliance with the Photo Content requirements below. Upon entry, entrants agree to have their photos “reposted” on London Drugs Instagram stories, with accreditation. This does not mean they have won the Contest.
Contest is open to all residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba who, as of the date the prize draw is made: (i) have not won a London Drugs contest since May 1, 2020; (ii) have reached the age of majority in the province in which they reside; and (iii) are not employees of London Drugs, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, or any family member living with any such employee.
2) PHOTO CONTENT. Entries will be disqualified if they include any of the following, as determined by London Drugs and/or the Contest judges in their sole discretion:
- crude, vulgar or offensive images and/or symbols;
- derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct;
- any identifiable third party product and/or trademark; or
- any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive.
Entries will also be disqualified if it comes to the attention of London Drugs that Entry contains unauthorized personal information of individuals.
3) WINNER SELECTION. The weekly winners shall be chosen Monday May 31, 2021, in Vancouver, British Columbia, from all eligible Entries received per Contest theme. Eligible Entries must reflect the theme related to the corresponding weekly hashtag. Entries will be reviewed and judged by representatives of London Drugs, who will select, in their sole discretion, the winning Entry. Winning Entries will be chosen at random. No correspondence will be entered into except with the entrant submitting winning Entry. Winning entrant will be notified by Instagram within three (3) days after the Contest end date of May 30, 2021 in Vancouver, British Columbia, from all eligible Entries received. At least three (3) attempts over ten (10) business days will be made to contact the selected entrant by Instagram. If the winning entrant cannot be contacted in this manner, they will be disqualified and another Entry will be selected.
Prior to being declared a winner, selected entrant must correctly answer a skill-testing mathematical question and sign and return to London Drugs within ten (10) days a license, declaration and release (the “License and Release”)
- to confirm in writing the entrant’s compliance with the Contest rules;
- to grant to London Drugs an irrevocable license to publish, use, and distribute the Entry for the purpose of the Contest and for any advertising, promotion and marketing by London Drugs;
- to waive the entrant’s moral rights in the Entry;
- to release London Drugs from any and all liability for the use of the Entry; and
- to release London Drugs from any and all liability for in connection with the awarding and use of the prize.
4) PRIZES. There will be 4 (four) prize(s) awarded to 1 (one) winner per theme: each consisting of a London Drugs Gift Card valued at $100 and 1 (one) 8×10 aluminum metal panel valued at $49.99, per week, totaling $599.96. Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and not convertible to cash. London Drugs reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should any prize become unavailable for any reason. Prizes will be awarded at the closest London Drugs location to the Contest winner. Prizes must be picked up by Contest winner within seven (7) days.
5) CONSENT. By entering the Contest, all entrants agree and consent, on behalf of themselves and on behalf of any and all persons appearing in the Entry who have not reached the age of 19 years at the time of entry, to the use of their names and Entries in any advertising, promotion and marketing by London Drugs, in any medium or form of distribution (electronic or otherwise), whether inside or outside Canada, without compensation, for the purpose of the Contest. Entrants further agree that their Entry may be stored and processed on servers located outside of Canada for the purpose of this Contest. Once submitted, entries cannot be modified, deleted or cancelled by a Contest entrant.
6) WARRANTIES. By entering, you represent and warrant and confirm that:
- the Entry is your original work;
- no other person has any right, title or interest in any part of the Entry;
- you have the express consent of any other person appearing in the Entry to use their image in the Entry in accordance with the terms and rules of this Contest;
- your Entry, the use thereof by London Drugs, or the exercise by London Drugs of any of the rights granted by you under these Official Contest Rules does not and will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party or entity, including, without limitation copyright, trademark, trade secret, defamation, privacy, publicity, false light, misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, confidentiality, or any contractual or other rights;
- you have all the rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Entry and to grant all of the rights and consents that you have granted to London Drugs hereunder including granting to London Drugs a license to use your Photo in any manner they see fit;
- London Drugs is not responsible for any unauthorized downloading, copying, distributing or subsequent use of entered Photo by the general public
7) GRANT OF LICENSE. By submitting an Entry you grant London Drugs an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive royalty free right and license in and to the Entry, and all intellectual property rights therein, including the right to modify, reproduce, distribute and post the Entry in connection with the Contest;
8) DISQUALIFICATION. London Drugs reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that it deems in its sole discretion:
- does not comply with these Official Contest Rules; or
- tampers with the entry process, the Contest, or the website.
Without limiting the foregoing, any Entries which are not in the spirit of the Contest or do not meet London Drugs’ standards for any reason, as solely determined by London Drugs, will be disqualified.
9) DECISIONS FINAL. Decisions by London Drugs in respect of all aspects of this Contest, including but not limited to eligibility of Entries, are final. In the event of a dispute regarding identity of the entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the associated Social Media account. London Drugs and their advertising and promotional agencies, and the panel of judges will be free from any liability occurring as a result of the prize being awarded or the use of the prize.
10) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless London Drugs and their respective partners, affiliates, advertising/promotional agencies, and their employees, officers, directors, representatives and assigns from any claims, losses and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest and the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded hereunder. Neither London Drugs, nor any of their employees, officers, directors, agents, contractors, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, independent judges or advertising/promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) assume responsibility whatsoever for delayed, failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to lost, interrupted or unavailable network server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, fax or cable transmissions, lines or technical failures or difficulties; the incorrect or inaccurate capture or failure to capture information whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or other information; the failure to capture any such information; errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network or otherwise arising out of or relating to the Contest; theft, loss, destruction or damage to entries, in whole or in part; or other factors beyond their reasonable control.
Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website, as solely determined by London Drugs, will be disqualified.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media platform which may be used to communicate this contest. All such entities are completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed only to London Drugs.
11) RIGHT TO MODIFY OR TERMINATE. London Drugs reserves the right to withdraw, modify or terminate or any part of this Contest if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned.
12) CONDITIONS. By entering this Contest, the entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. The sole jurisdiction to resolve any disputes concerning this Contest is the Province of British Columbia.
13) PRIVACY. London Drugs will use the personal information submitted with the Entry for the purpose of administering the Contest and for London Drugs’ marketing and promotional purposes as contemplated by these Contest Rules. For the purposes of the above, “personal information” only includes the first name, last name, email address, Social Media name and image. Personal information may be stored in servers outside of Canada. If you have any questions about how London Drugs collects, uses or discloses your personal information you may contact the Call Centre at 1-888-991-2299 or see http://www.londondrugs.com/Privacy-Policy/PrivacyPolicy,default,pg.html.