Research shows quit medication combined with professional counselling provides the greatest chance of success
There is no one-size-fits-all solution to quitting smoking but there are many evidence-based ways to increase your chances of quitting success.
Research demonstrates the strongest approach to smoking cessation is to combine quit medication with quit counselling.
As part of National Non-Smoking Week, we are encouraging smokers to take advantage of complimentary smoking cessation counselling available at our pharmacies.
Pharmacists are available to advise patients on selecting a nicotine replacement therapy as well as provide advice by developing personalized quit plans to help people stop smoking.
To learn more about how your pharmacist can help a person quit, visit or call your local London Drugs.
Support for Smokers in B.C.
In B.C., London Drugs has joined forces with QuitNow, a provincially-funded program delivered by the BC Lung Association, to support British Columbians in their efforts to quit by providing free informational resources and coaching.
Eligible BC residents can also receive government financial support through the BC Smoking Cessation Program which covers 100% of the cost of nicotine replacement therapy (specific nicotine gum, lozenges, patches, inhaler), or contributing to the cost of specific smoking cessation prescription drugs.
Quit Coaching Clinic Co-Hosted by London Drugs & QuitNow
As part of National Non-Smoking Week, London Drugs and QuitNow are co-hosting a Quit Coaching Clinic next Wednesday at the Coquitlam Centre location.
Quit Coaching Clinic
- Wednesday, January 24, 2018 – 5:30pm to 8:30pm
- London Drugs Pharmacy
- Coquitlam Centre (2929 Barnet Hwy #1030)
During the Quit Coaching Clinic, London Drugs Certified Tobacco Educator, Penny Lehoux, and QuitNow Health Promoter, Tracey Jirak, will be:
- Conducting CO breathing tests, a quick and easy way to demonstrate the impact that smoking is having on your body.
- Discussing practical tips to help you reduce your smoking and providing info about free services available online through Quitnow.ca.
- Developing personalized quit plans.
- Offering information about the B.C. Smoking Cessation Program for nicotine replacement therapy.
- Answering questions about smoking cessation products available over-the-counter and by prescription.