How it works
HP Instant Ink acts like your own personal ink assistant. When you need ink, your printer automatically lets HP know to send more. HP Original Ink is delivered straight to your door before you run out2,9 – and only when you need it (no stockpiling!). Plus, trying it is risk free – you can cancel anytime.
- PICK YOUR PLAN. 4 plans to choose from based on how many pages you print each month.
- GET INK BEFORE YOU RUN OUT2,9. We send HP Original Ink directly to your door. Cartridge recycling and shipping included.
- ENJOY AN EASIER WAY TO PRINT. No commitment or annual fee—cancel anytime4.
Our plans are based on the number of pages you print in a month, which saves you money. Not sure how much you print? That’s okay! Rollover unused pages to the next month3 or buy more pages for just a few cents. You can also upgrade or downgrade your plan anytime.4 Have a question? See our FAQ
What else? Color and black and white pages cost the same, so you can print whatever you need to. HP Instant Ink cartridges are also bigger than XL cartridges – which means you won’t have to replace them as often.
Did you know HP Instant Ink has a smaller environmental impact than buying ink in traditional ways? Use our prepaid envelopes to make cartridge return and recycling easy!
- Print free for life: The free printing plan allows you to print 15 pages per month at no cost (paper not included) for the life of your printer. Additional pages are excluded and will be charged to customer credit/debit card at the end of the month at a rate of $1.25 per each additional set of 10 pages (Customer to be charged $1.25 for each set even if customer doesn’t use entire set). HP reserves the right to modify or cancel the free printing plan anytime on 60 days’ notice. This offer cannot be redeemed for cash except as required by law. Additional information available in HP Instant Ink Terms at HP Instant Ink Terms of Service. Free printing plan not available on all printers.
- Based on plan usage, internet connection to eligible HP printer, valid credit/debit card, email address, and delivery service in your geographic area.
- Rollover allows unused pages in a month to be placed in a rollover account and then applied to pages in excess of your monthly allowance. The rollover account balance is limited to a maximum of your monthly service plan pages (e.g.: Occasional Printing Plan 50 pages = 50 page rollover maximum).
- When upgrading the plan you can choose for the change to take effect in the current billing cycle or the next billing cycle. Cancellations and plan downgrades are effective after the last day of the current billing period. For service details, see HP Instant Ink Terms of Service.
- Customer is responsible for any overage fees and applicable taxes during the free months of service. Offer valid in any country (a “Participating Country”) where (i) Instant Ink service is provided and (ii) the Refer-a-Friend (RAF) program is live, provided that both the existing customer and the referred customer reside in Participating Countries. Must be 18+. For existing customers referring Instant Ink, only qualified referrals (as defined in Instant Ink terms and conditions) are eligible for one month free service, equivalent to the then-current service plan chosen. There is no limit to the number of free months existing customers can earn under the RAF program. Referred customers must use a referral link or code to activate enrollment, limited to one referral code/link per printer. Requires creation of HP Connected and Instant Ink accounts and acceptance of terms of service at HP Instant Ink Terms of Service. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash except as required by law. The program incentive may be combined with other offers provided by HP – see full RAF terms and conditions for details. Requires eligible printer, online enrollment, valid credit/debit card, email address and Internet connection to printer. Unless service is cancelled within the free period online at hpinstantink.com, a monthly service fee of $3.99, $5.99 or $10.99, based on the plan chosen, plus taxes and overage fees will be charged to customer’s debit/credit card.
- Program availability varies: Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 60 countries, territories and regions in Asia, Africa, Europe, and North and South America through the HP Planet Partners program. Program availability varies. For details, see www.hp.com/recycle.
- Compared with non-subscription purchase of the same HP Ink cartridges. Based on a 2017 life cycle assessment (LCA) performed by Four Elements Consulting and commissioned by HP. Analysis includes the CO2 equivalent associated with customer trips to purchase ink cartridges at a retail store versus delivering directly to a customer’s house, and it includes recycling empty ink cartridges versus throwing them away. Data and assumptions drawn from six years of customer data in the United States. Reductions in materials consumption, carbon footprint, energy use, and water usage are average values.
- When redeemed, the stated maximum retail card value shown on the front of the card is credited to your account and applied to the first months’ service paid in arrears.
- Printers require direct connection to the internet for program participation. Internet access sold separately.