We have been advised of a recruitment scam where fraudsters are targeting employment applicants. We understand individuals may be contacted or encouraged to apply or accept jobs via a fraudulent website impersonating London Drugs. This is an attempt to improperly obtain personal information from prospective candidates. If you are approached about employment at London Drugs, you can verify the opportunity by calling our main inquiries line at 1-888-991-2299, or connect through email at https://www.londondrugs.com/contact-us/
Always be cautious when applying for positions online. A few simple tips to protect yourself from this type of fraud:
1) Verify all job opportunities before submitting an application by searching the company’s recruiting website.
Ours is https://london-drugs-limited-jobs.careerplug.com/account
2) If you are contacted directly and without applying for a position by someone recruiting, ask to call them back through their publicly posted contact number and ask for that individual by name. Often the agent who answers the phone will be able to help you verify that the offer is legitimate and ensure you are speaking with the correct person. London Drugs can be reached at 1-888-991-2299.
3) If you are asked to submit a resume or complete a job application, do not include information like date of birth, social insurance number, or other sensitive personally identifiable information until you have verified the request is legitimate – such as through a publicly posted number.
4) If you are offered a position and it includes instructions to deposit a cheque and make a withdrawal, conduct mystery shops, make a purchase on behalf of someone else, or forwarding shipped products, verify these opportunities carefully. London Drugs does not currently offer positions of these types and if we did, they would be posted on our careers page.
5) If you have fallen victim to one of these scams, please contact your local police.
For additional information on protecting yourself from scams or to report fraud visit the Canadian Antifraud Centre at www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/index-eng.htm