The digital age has made creative photography accessible to everyone. Our pictures are better, the colour and exposure is better, and we can edit out the shots that just don’t work. We live in a photographic paradise of sorts, except for one, big drawback.
Digital photos—no matter how good, no matter how precious—tend to sit on our hard drives and SD cards, never printed, rarely shared.
Today is the perfect day to send your digital treasures to print. With advanced printing technology, we can give you unprecedented choice in how you present your printed images. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Step One: Get your digital files to our computer. You can do this two ways:
- Upload your photos from your hard drive. Our rapid uploader will walk you through the process of copying your digital files to our computer. You can then order online and pick up the photos at your favourite London Drugs store. We can also ship your photos directly to you.
- Bring in your photos on a disk, a thumb drive, or your SD card. Every photo department has a kiosk where you can easily choose the photos and print size you want. For those who are unsure about the technicalities of uploading files, our staff can walk you through the process.
Step Two: Choose your prints
- Standard 4×6 or 5×7 prints can be done very quickly, usually within an hour or two. These standard sizes are easy to slip into an album or a ready-made frame.
- The 6×8 print size is custom made for compact digital camera shots. Most compact digital cameras shoot at a 4:3 aspect ratio, which means you are cropping part of your image to fit into a 4 x 6 print. With a 6 x 8 print, your print will appear just as you framed the shot. For more information, click here
- Gorgeous enlargements: How big do you want to go? We have the capacity to print enlargements from 8×10 to a maximum 44×66. Like all of your prints, we can print on glossy or matte paper, and for most sizes we can also mount on foam core or laminate to protect your image.
Step Three: Share your memories
- There are more options than ever to care for your prints. We recommend buying a mini-album every time you have standard prints done. Mini-albums are inexpensive and easy to assemble, perfect for protecting your photos, sharing them with others, and referring back when you want to do more.
- Get creative with scrapbooking. Scrapbooking is a craze for a reason—every page, every memory receives special treatment. Most scrapbook aficionados prefer the 12×12 format, which gives a lot of room to lay out your photos. London Drugs carries scrapbooking equipment, from books to paper cutters and decorative elements.
- Frame your best shots. When framing your photographs for display, consider buying a frame one size bigger than the print and using a matte. While a crisp black frame and white matte is a classic gallery look, you can also customize the colour and shape of the matte to complement your photo.
- The gallery wrap. The gallery wrap is a photograph printed on canvas and wrapped over a wooden frame. This format is sensational for artistic shots.
- Design a photo book, calendar, or photo card. Designing your own photobook, card, or calendar is simple, professional, and cost effective. The London Drugs Home Edition is free and available in two versions, one for photobooks and one for calendars and cards. First, download the software . The program will guide you through the process of choosing your photos and designing a book, calendar, or card. You save the file on your hard drive, and when you are done, upload the entire book to the London Drugs website, or bring the file in and we will upload it for you.
For more information on turning your pixels into print, visit our online London Drugs Photolab or come into our store and speak with our photofinishing specialists.